【Choose the suitable frame and its material】
1. Tips for choosing the frame of eyeglasses
2. How to choose a right frame for your face shape?
3.Different materials and types of eyeglasses frame
1. Tips for choosing the frame of eyeglasses
Wearing a good pair of eyeglasses is as making-up. They not only protect your eyes and correct the refractive errors but also balance your face shape to make it look thinner and longer. They are able to enhance the beautiful parts of your face. An elegant and high-quality frame can give you different looks and make you more fashionable.
You might need to pay attention to certain aspects before choosing the suitable frame.
- What is your purpose of wearing this pair of glasses?
- What are your face shape and eyeglasses prescription?
- Choose the frame, material, etc.
- Make sure the weight and the size of frame, etc.
- Generally, it is better to position your eyes right in the middle of the frame?
The tip is to find the complementary balance of your face shape and the frame of eyeglasses. For example, if you have a soft-line face shape, you might need to find the glasses that have sharp angles or that are with a bright color. As mentioned below, we have analyses and suggestions regarding different sorts of face shape.
It is important to choose a frame that suits your purpose of use. Therefore, finding a frame that meets your needs is the most important. For example, if a person having severe myopia needs lightweight and ultra-thin glasses for usually wearing, then the rim shall be smaller and it is important to position eyes in the middle of lenses. This is the best combination for the lightweight and ultra-thin glasses, but it might still have an impact on other choosing options. If a consumer has a low nasal bridge, then it is important to see if the frame is with the nose pads to prevent the eyeglasses from slipping or wearing glasses lower than the normal position.
2. How to choose a right frame for your face shape
Basically, the face shapes of human being are complicated and various. We only provide a basic group of different face shapes. The consumers still need to rethink before buying. For example, a round face shape has almost the same length and width, and the lines of forehead and the lines between cheek and jaw don't have evident angles. Therefore, the glasses with sharp angles can make the face look thinner and longer. Obvious nose pads of frame can also lengthen the distance of two eyes, which also makes the face thinner and longer.
3. Different materials and types of eyeglasses frame
Full frame, Semi-Rimless, Rimless
Materials of frame
It is better to choose the suitable material of frame according to your needs. Please note that the same material can be divided into many quality levels and prices in accordance with the materials' proportion and processing procedures:
- Plastic: Mostly fabricated by injection molding. It is suitable for consumers on a tight budget or those who like plastic frame.
- Acetate: Mostly is semi-automatically or manually fabricated. Its texture is similar to plastic. Many people can hardly distinguish their differences. Compared to plastic, acetate is glossier and more solid. It has a variety of colors, and their colors are less likely to fade. This is the most durable material among the plastic-like frames, and it is anti-allergic and resistant to corrosion. Acetate can also be called as the mainstream material in plastic-like frames. Its plasticity is high as stainless steel, and designers usually use it as the main material of fashionable frames. Consumers who like fashion trends, retro trends or emphasizing on their personal taste are suitable for this material.
- TR Series: TR is also called thermoplastic elastomer. TR90 in the past evolved into current TR100. TR100 is able to return to its original shape when it is bent. That is, TR can efficiently prevent the frame from breaking, which might hurt the face. Especially it's light and confortable, and it will not put pressure on nasal bridge, temples and ears. It is suitable for consumers who usually do contact sports, who want light glasses and who are sensitive to the comfort. (ATTENTION: please do not use alcohol and other solvent to clean and do maintenance of frame.)
- Alloy: its ductility, malleability and strength are pretty good. The material itself is cheap. It is suitable for consumers who like to have some spare eyeglasses or who like fashionable accessories.
- Pure Titanium: It is an advanced frame material. The characters of pure titanium are superlight, super-solid and high-plasticity. The frame with this material is more luxurious and quite expensive. It has a lighter weight (half weight of copper and nickel), higher strength and toughness than stainless steel or special steel (three times higher than aluminum and two times higher than iron), corrosion resistance (as platinum and gold) and other physical advantages (anti-allergic and anticancer). It is suitable for consumers who place a high value on the material's texture, functionality, their comfort and health.
- Memory Titanium: Because pure titanium is quite expensive and its bendability is less good as well, we merged titanium and other small amounts of alloy to improve these defects. The advantages of this material are deformation resistance, corrosion resistance and high elasticity. This material is suitable for consumers who are on tight budget and who often take exercise and place a high value on material's texture, quality and frame's functionality. Currently, the most popular titanium alloy is beta titanium.
- Memory Metal: Fabricated with special memory metals, it is usually used as the tips of eyeglasses. The characters of this material are cheap, deformation-resistant, anti-allergic, corrosion-resistant and high elastic. It is suitable for consumers who usually take exercise but who are on a tight budget.
- Stainless Steel: High strength and high plasticity are the main characters of this material. It also has a certain level of anti-allergic and corrosion-resistant features. The plasticity of this material is as good as acetate, and designers usually use it as the main material of fashionable frames. Consumers who like fashion trends, retro trends or emphasizing on their personal taste are suitable for this material.